M&A-related BPR Business Process Re-engineering
at a Major Hearing Aid Manufacturer
Provision of Project Management, Consulting (IT and BPR) and ongoing support services, to complete the activities related to the M&A of a foreign and two domestic companies.
Successfully executed Business Process Reengineering, IT system consolidation, close-down of a Tokyo factory consolidating its operations to a site in Yamato Kanagawa. After go-live, developed a simple inventory control application and set up EDI connectivity, while advising on IT strategy, policy localization and helpdesk structure.
|Team Members||PM x 1, Consultant x 4, Developer x 1, Engineer x 2, Functional Key User x 4|
|Project Duration (Months)||18 months|
|Project Effort (Months)||36 person-months|
|Sites||Tokyo, Yokohama, Osaka, Belgium|
- Strong Project leadership required for extremely challenging M&A-related deadline.
- HR-related problems in very different corporate cultures.
- No IT standards with a hodge-podge of equipment, much of it consumer grade.
- Factories not using flow manufacturing. BPR required.
- Inventory database maintenance unreasonably expensive for such a simple application.
- Re-engineer Business Processes for factories.
- Run project to consolidate factories.
- Assist with HR re-trench.
- Employ standardized PCs where possible.
- LAN and WAN linkup, IP address changes.
- Develop more flexible inventory database which is inexpensive to maintain.
- M&A deadline beat.
- Cost saved because of re-employment and outplacement of staff.
- Staff trained on more efficient work methods.
- IT staff changed out, structured IT strategy now employed.
- IT equipment upgraded and standardized.
- Inventory database re-implemented on inexpensive-to-maintain platform.
- Cisco-based Network for LAN and WAN.
- Smile Alpha sales / accounting.
- eSolia custom applications for inventory data-entry to replace antiquated programs and link to the sales and accounting system.
- Standardization on Dell equipment for PCs and Servers.
Request More Information
Can eSolia help your firm with a project like this? Please contact us today.