Provision of Project Management, Consulting (IT and BPR) and ongoing support services, to complete the activities related to the M&A of a foreign and two domestic companies.
Successfully executed Business Process Reengineering, IT system consolidation, close-down of a Tokyo factory consolidating its operations to a site in Yamato Kanagawa. After go-live, developed a simple inventory control application and set up EDI connectivity, while advising on IT strategy, policy localization and helpdesk structure.
|Team Members||PM x 1, Consultant x 4, Developer x 1, Engineer x 2, Functional Key User x 4|
|Project Duration (Months)||18 months|
|Project Effort (Months)||36 person-months|
|Sites||Tokyo, Yokohama, Osaka, Belgium|
- Strong Project leadership required for extremely challenging M&A-related deadline.
- HR-related problems in very different corporate cultures.
- No IT standards with a hodge-podge of equipment, much of it consumer grade.
- Factories not using flow manufacturing. BPR required.
- Inventory database maintenance unreasonably expensive for such a simple application.
- Re-engineer Business Processes for factories.
- Run project to consolidate factories.
- Assist with HR re-trench.
- Employ standardized PCs where possible.
- LAN and WAN linkup, IP address changes.
- Develop more flexible inventory database which is inexpensive to maintain.
- M&A deadline beat.
- Cost saved because of re-employment and outplacement of staff.
- Staff trained on more efficient work methods.
- IT staff changed out, structured IT strategy now employed.
- IT equipment upgraded and standardized.
- Inventory database re-implemented on inexpensive-to-maintain platform.
- Cisco-based Network for LAN and WAN.
- Smile Alpha sales / accounting.
- eSolia custom applications for inventory data-entry to replace antiquated programs and link to the sales and accounting system.
- Standardization on Dell equipment for PCs and Servers.
Request More Information
For more information, fill in and submit the following form. You can write in any message you'd like, and put a tick in the checkboxes provided for your convenience.