IT Disposal and Recycling
How should you dispose of or recycle that old IT equipment?
A General Disposal Process
Leave the recycling and disposal process of various old IT equipment to eSolia. We will arrange disposal or recycling of your various IT assets - old PCs, monitors, servers or network equipment - as per your constraints and policies. For example, we will follow your policy for complete data destruction of data in old hard disk drives or other storage media.
Additionally, we can arrange trade-in of your old IT assets such as PCs or network devices, which can somewhat offset the cost of disposal. Of course, it is also possible to trade-in used IT equipment after removing the hard disks or other storage media, and arranging for their disposal.
Finally, we will arrange to supply a “manifest” or certificate of disposal, which can be provided only by government-selected certified vendors.
Step by step
What follows is the general process we use, when arranging disposal, recycling or trade-in.
- Create an inventory file, listing up all the IT assets which are subject to disposal, recycling or trade-in (find IT or accounting asset numbers, serial and model numbers, support contract numbers, photographs and so on).
- Confirm with stakeholder groups (general affairs, accounting, IT etc), and arrange quotes from eSolia’s selected government-certified disposal vendors.
- Decide handover date, arrange with building superintendent as needed, and steward the rest of the process.
- Receive the official certificate or manifest, complete the eSolia report, and submit both to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Assist with update of your asset inventory lists.
Create Inventory List
Coordinate with Departments and Vendors
Place Order for IT Equipment Handover
Recycling and Disposal Processing
Receive Disposal Certificate or "Manifest"
eSolia Confirmations and Report Creation
Update Asset Inventory Lists
This process usually requires one to a few weeks, depending upon the amount of equipment to be handled, and each client’s unique requirements. Please consider eSolia to handle this process on your behalf.
Request More Information
Interested in getting our help with this service or solution? Please contact us today.